Coupons for GoDaddy, and where to find them: Godaddy.com has established itself as the number one choice for domain registration and web hosting online. Did you know that every month they offer a number of promo codes towards all of their popular products? They also have deals for WordPress hosting, (promo code below) SSL certificates (promo code below) and more. Most promotions are for new products, but we will post any that we find for renewals as well.
Today’s top 9 GoDaddy coupon codes:
- New Products: 30% Off – Wow! Ends 4-11-17
Hosting, domains, etc. Click to apply promo code: cjc2off30
- .COM Domains: 99¢ – Ends 4-30-17
$11.99$0.99. New or domain transfer. Apply code: cjc99com
- Economy Hosting: $1/Month – Ends 4-30-17
$7.99$1.00 – 1 website, up to 100 GB storage
- WordPress Hosting: $1/Month – Ends 4-30-17
$7.99$1.00 for Basic. Click to apply promo code: cjcwph1
- Hosting Promo: 40% Off – Deluxe or Ultimate. Ends 4-11-17
$10.99$5.99/month – Click to apply coupon code: cjc1hos5
- GoDaddy SSL Certificate: 30% Off – 2017
$69.99$52.49/year – View SSL & apply promo code: cjc2off30
- .NET Domains: $8.99 – Domain registration – 2017
$11.99$8.99 – New .net domains. Click to apply code: cjc899new
- Dedicated Server Hosting: 50% Off – 2017
$169.99$69.99 – 4 managed hosting plans for linux or Windows
- Domain Security: 80% Off – 2017
$11.99$1.99 – One use per account. Use promo code: cjcrmn3cp
Using a promo code at godaddy.com
Using a Godaddy coupon or promotional code is pretty straightforward, as most of the codes are now applied as soon as you click a promotional link. If you find that this isn’t the case, here’s how to manually use a promo code:
- Copy or write down at least one code
- Add a hosting, domain, or security product to your cart
- Click “checkout” and review your order
- Above your order total, you’ll see a message that says, “have a promotional code?”
- Click the “add” link, and a text field will open
- Type in your promotional code and click, “apply”
- If successful, you’ll get a confirmation that the code is applied, and a new order total like this:
Coupon not working, or discount not applying?
It’s common for confusion at this point if you don’t see a discounted order total. The most common reasons for a code to not work include:
- Most codes are for new products, and exclude renewals for existing customers
- Sometimes a product is already on sale, and a better price than you would get with a coupon. GoDaddy gives you the lower of the two prices unless you manually remove the first promotion at checkout
- Some codes are good for one use only
- Coupon codes expire, and are often intended for specific new products
What is the best coupon or promo code for GoDaddy?
If you are looking to register a new .com domain, you can’t beat their 99 cent .com promotion. If you’re looking to get web hosting, look for promotions that include a discount on hosting plus free 1-year registration of a domain.
Sometimes there are also exclusive coupons on their Facebook page, so it’s worth checking occasionally. They also recommend combining their services with security and backup, which you can also get from Carbonite and Norton.
Here’s why their 30% off promo code might be best
Keep in mind that if you are comparing codes, most times products like hosting will renew after 12 months at the higher, retail price. As mentioned, coupons don’t work for existing hosting or domain renewals.
For this reason, consider going with a discount like their “30% off all new products“ and lock in the discounted price for more than one year up front. Coupons for existing hosting or domains are rare, so why not take the discount while you can!
Why you should NOT use GoDaddy: playing devil’s advocate
I don’t think anyone is 100% happy with their hosting provider long term. In fact, if you aren’t forking up a ton of money for dedicated hosting, you’re buying “shared hosting,” which essentially means that bad actors on your server might give you problems.
Before signing up for GoDaddy, read the complaints that are out there, as well as alternatives to GoDaddy hosting that might be better for your personal needs. If you do end up deciding that GoDaddy is the best bet, we’ll be here with the best promo codes!