.COM’s are by far the #1 domain world-wide, registered (more than all other domains combined) and GoDaddy.com is the number one place online to register your new dot-com. (You’re in the right place!) Check out our coupons below and save big:
*Note: Depending on your specific order and registration length, one coupon may be better than another: (see below)
- .COM Domain: 99 Cents (first year, new domain)
- 30% Off .COM Domains (site-wide discount, new orders, no limit)
- View all GoDaddy coupons – 12 on-site coupons
- .COM Domain: C $1.49 (Canada)
- 30% Off .COM domains (Canada; site-wide discount)
- .COM Domain: 99¢ (Mexico)
- .COM Domain: 99¢ (Australia)
Which GoDaddy .COM coupon is the Best Deal?
One of the most popular deals offered through GoDaddy.com is their 99¢ .com domain promotion. But, that might not be the best coupon for your order. Consider that, although it sounds like an unbeatable deal, it only is applied to your first year of new domain registration. If you’re looking to register a domain for several years, please consider one of the other coupons, like the “30% off” coupon.
Here are examples of two orders:
1. Registering a new .COM domain for 2 years:
- The “99 cents dot-com” coupon will give you an order total of about $11.25
- The “30% off site-wide” coupon will give you an order total of $16.35
2. Registering a .COM domain for 5 years:
- The “99 cent dot-com” promotion will give you an order total of about $61.25
- The “30% off site-wide” promo code will give you an order total of $45.25
So, the main factor in which coupon is best for registering your .COM is the length of registration. Remember, most promo codes are applied instantly when you click, and will be visible in your cart at checkout.
.COM Renewals Are Almost Always Excluded at GoDaddy
So, your .com domain is about to expire so you hit google to try to find a renewal coupon? Good luck, as they are about as common as albino crocodiles. (Sorry, just saw one at the zoo) Not that it’s impossible, but GoDaddy loses money on your initial registration (when you apply a promo code) so that they can make it back when you renew. Their whole profit strategy is dependent on you renewing your dot-com, so they really don’t like offering renewal codes.
.COM Registration: Originally Just for Commercial Entities
Did you know that .COM‘s used to be reserved only for commercial entities? However, in the mid-90’s dot-com’s became available to the public, and quickly became the most popular top-level domain for websites, email, and networking. When all the other domain suffixes were introduced, (like .BIZ) they still couldn’t compete with the popularity of the .COM.
.COM’s: Still Registered More Than all Other Domains Combined!
A .COM Domain for 99 cents? Registration Used to Cost You $100!
Way back in 1995, (four years before the godaddy.com domain was even registered!) when .com domains first became readily available to register, they cost $50 each! Not only that, but registrants had to pay for a minimum of two years registration up front, meaning that if you wanted to buy and register a dot com, you’d be looking at $100 or more for each domain.
With 59 million domain names under management, I’m thinking GoDaddy probably wishes the prices never came down! You can also add a GoDaddy SSL certificate to any order. Remember to use a coupon above for your best deal.
Related: Carbonite: 20% Off Coupon